Friday, January 23, 2015

Release Day Blitz and Review - Love Hurts by Mandi Beck

10934346_393362370830580_2142474030_n

Love Hurts

Mandi Beck

January 23, 2015

Cover Design and photo by Perrywinkle photography

 

Synopsis

Even when she won’t fight for us, I’ll go to war for her… Inside the Octagon, I have no fear. I’m at home, in my element, inflicting pain onto men trained to hurt me just as badly. Making them submit, knocking them out, maiming them, because it’s them or me. And I choose them. Outside the Octagon, my only weakness is a five-foot-two, classy as fuck woman that I’ve loved for most of my life. She’s the one that brings me to my knees, fills my arms, my heart, and one day soon, my bed. She makes me reckless. Volatile. I drink too much and try too hard to fuck my way out of feeling—all because of her. Frankie De Rosa is my girl, my best friend. I haven’t earned her yet, but I won’t stand by and let anyone take her from me. She will be the greatest fight of my life, but she’s worth the battle. Love hurts, but anything worth having does, right? I’m Deacon “The Hitman” Love—Welcome to the Cage.

Goodreads

always going to be him Teaser (1)
 

Purchase Links

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1yezvsL 

Review

Laura's Review


Their families have been intertwined since they were kids.  He and his brothers have always doted on her.  Deacon and Frankie consider themselves to be best friends, even though each seems to have stronger feelings for the other that neither is willing to admit.  A dangerous situation forces them to put up or shut up, but knowing everything about one another isn’t always a good thing and doesn’t necessarily make for smooth sailing.

I’m sure we’ve all read stories that had a sexy athlete, or best friends who aren’t ready to admit they love each other, or a guy who doesn’t realize what’s right in front of him until he’s about to lose it.  Knowing that this book contains these things might make you think “eh, been there, done that.”  Know what I have to say to that?  Hell frickin’ no you haven’t.  Just because you think you’ve seen it before is not fair to the story that Mandi Beck gives us.  Okay sure, Deacon is a hottie-tottie MMA fighter with some man-whorish tendencies.  But Frankie is different, and even though that’s something we’ve all heard before, it really is different.  Deac is a completely protective alpha, yet treats her with reverence AND respect.  She’s his treasure, so of course he wants to take care of her, but he doesn’t treat her like she is fragile and helpless.  Deac is not without his flaws though - he makes a couple of colossal blunders, but at the heart of it all, he loves her in a way that he’s never felt for anyone before, and that you secretly (or not-so-secretly) want someone to love you.

I was stunned when I found out this was Mandi Beck’s first book.  There isn’t a single thing about Love Hurts that would make you think she didn’t already have a string of successful books under her belt.  When I say that I am salivating for the continuation of this story, I am really not exaggerating.


And let me tell you what a sport Mandi Beck is.  I need to start this by saying that I am not a fan of cliffhangers - I am too control-freaky and book OCD for that - and if I know I have to read one, there is mental preparation involved (yes, I really am that book crazy).  That being said, I had no idea going into Love Hurts that the story was going continue into another book, so I was already angsty when I got to the end.  But I had a couple of things nagging away at my brain, and I didn’t know if I was imagining things.  So I messaged Mandi through Facebook.  At 2 in the morning.  Well, it was 1 in the morning her time, and in my defense, I made sure Facebook showed she was “active”.  But anyway….she could not have been more gracious or patient or generally tolerant of my crazy.  She didn’t give me answers to my questions, but I came away from the conversation placated, and an even bigger fan.



Giveaway



Author Bio

Mandi Beck has been an avid reader all of her life. A deep love for books always had her jotting down little stories on napkins, notebooks, and her hand. As an adult she was further submerged into the book world through book clubs and the epicness of social media. It was then that she graduated to writing her stories on her phone and then finally on a proper computer. A nursing student, mother to two rambunctious and somewhat rotten boys, and stepmom to two great girls away at college, she shares her time with her husband in Chicago where she was born and raised. Mandi is a diehard hockey fan and blames the Blackhawks when her deadlines are not met. Love Hurts is her debut novel and she is currently working on the next in the series along with whatever other voices are clamoring for attention in her mind.  

Author Links


Goodreads- http://bit.ly/1zonaRN

Facebook- www.facebook.com/authormandibeck

Twitter- https://twitter.com/authormandibeck

Newsletter- http://BIT.LY/MANDIBECKNEWSLETTER

Website: mandibeckauthor.com

 
SSFprLogo

No comments:

Post a Comment